Women aren’t the only ones who seek cosmetic procedures. A significant number of men get plastic surgery each year as well.
According to the 2018 Plastic Surgery Statistics Report, last year, close to 215,000 men got cosmetic surgery and almost 1.1 million men had minimally invasive cosmetic procedures performed.
Like women, men seek plastic surgery for a variety of reasons, including to enhance certain features and to create a more youthful appearance. But mostly, they want to look as good as they feel.
Below, Dr. C.B. Boswell and the team at the Body Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Skincare Center talk more about why more men are seeking plastic surgery along with the types of procedures they’re getting.
Reasons Men Seek Plastic Surgery
Most men who seek plastic surgery do so to increase their confidence. They want to look younger, fitter and, in some cases, more masculine, which is desirable not only for social situations but also to stay competitive in the workplace.
As they age, all men experience changes to their bodies, often including weight fluctuations that alter their body shape. Plus, they may lose volume in their face, causing the skin to droop.
Thanks to smartphones and social media, men see more photos and videos of themselves than ever before, and this type of scrutiny may also influence them to seek plastic surgery.
Additionally, plastic surgery is more affordable now, and technological advancements have made the procedures safer and more reliable, so men have less to worry about.
Cosmetic Procedures Men Seek
Some of the most popular surgical procedures among men include the following:
• Liposuction – Removes fat deposits from specific areas of men’s bodies
• Male breast reduction – Restores a more masculine contour to the chest by getting rid of excess fat and tissue
• Facelift – Tightens loose facial skin and removes deep creases in the face
• Facial implants – Reshapes the chin, defines the jaw, elevates the cheekbones or re-contours the nose
• Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) – Removes or repositions excess eyelid tissue
• Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) – Removes fat and excess skin from lower abdomen to create a flatter, more defined stomach area
All of the cosmetic surgeries mentioned above are available to men at the Body Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Skincare Center. If you’re a man considering plastic surgery, call or email us today to discuss your options and find the best treatment plan for you.